Annie's Adventures!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 16
The fountain show is absolutely brilliant!
I am sitting here drinking my sangria and soaking it all in. We usually all come on Thursdays, but I wanted to come again tonight so this time I am by myself. It is so nice to finally have some quiet time. And the music, the colors, the power yet the grace of the water... it is so pacifying. I think this is one of only a few places in Barcelona that I find truly beautiful. Don't get me wrong though, I still love Barca. In fact, it is really growing on me.
Now that we've been here for two weeks we have kind of a routine and it really makes it feel like home.
I go to mass at Sagrada Familia three or four times a week. I love going to a little backery by our flat for breakfast. Every Tuesday we go to this restaurant called the Attick for dinner. On Thursdays we bring a sheet to sit on and some wine and bread and cheese to watch the fountain show.
It's pretty much fabulous. Even Brittany is getting along ok. I try to do everything I can to make her feel at home. Like the first day of school here, I decided to go grocery shopping while she was in class, thinking that if I buy her favorite foods maybe she'll stay for at least a few more days.
But I didn't think about the fact that I don't have a car and I would have to carry it all home. So as I'm checking out with my entire cart full, the woman asks me... in Spanish.. how I am going to get all the groceries home. I just started cracking up and told her I have no idea. So she tells me I can borrow the grocery cart! So there I am, walking down the streets of Barcelona, pushing a full-sized grocery cart. I then wheeled it into our building, into the elevator, and up to our flat. Brittany got home a few minutes later to find me, in the kitchen, unloading a grocery cart! It made her laugh though... and she stayed!
Eventually I brought it back, but I totally started a trend because I saw two of my roommates doing the same thing a week later!
Well, the fountain show is starting again and I think I am going to use it for poetic inspiration.
but ps- today when I was walking through the metro, I wasn't paying attention and accidently kicked a homeless accordian player's coin cup about 30 feet down the tunnel! I had to run after it and chase all of his five or so coins that went spinning different directions! Cause they had to all go different directions, of course. He never even stopped playing for a second, though! So I felt bad and gave him some of my change too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home