Annie's Adventures!

Monday, July 24, 2006

June 27
We have arrived in Paris! Yesterday morning we went to mass at Notre Dame and then climbed to the top of the bell tower. With each step up that winding staircase, so dark and narrow, I felt myself drift away and my imagination take over. Memories of myths and fair tales flooded my mind. The historic element is simply magical in a place with a past like Paris.

Then Brittany convinced me to take that giant, red tour bus around the city. You know, the double-decker ones that you kind of laugh at when you see them go by and you think, haha... ignorant tourists. Well, it was a compromise. I said I'd take the bus if she would climb the stairs. So far we have climbed the Eiffel Tower, the Notre Dame bell tower, the Arc de Triumph, and the Sacre Cure Basillica. All offered beautiful sights every step of the way, and breathtaking views from the tops.

But the best part of Paris, in my opinion, was definitely Moulan Rouge. It was so amazing! Yes, the girls were pretty much naked, but they were classy and respectable. It wasn't all about the girls, though. There were male dancers who were fully clothed and offered great talent, as well as jugglers and clowns who sparked laughter and hilarity in the audience. It was truly a fascinating display of entertainment in such a rich culture.

Today we woke up with the early morning sun and took a train to Champagne where we went on a tour of the champagne caves of Moet and Chandon. I participated in my first Champagne tasting! And I feel so sophisticated now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home