Annie's Adventures!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

July 15
Just got back from San Sabastian, and let me just say a little about the trip...
1) The bus on the way there was so miserably small that I had bruises on my knees by the time we got there from being pressed up so hard against the seat in front of me.
2) We took a tour of this hill/mountain top, and while I was sitting on the edge overlooking the cliff, letting my feet dangle, I thought "I should take my flip-flops off so they won't fall over the edge!"
So I took them off, only when I was turning to stand up I went to grab my shoes, and I don't really know what happened... it was all so fast. But I knocked one flip-flop over the edge of the cliff!
For some reason everyone else seemed to find this very funny. I tried to laugh about it, but I was the one walking around the whole town half-barefoot for the rest of the tour!
I didn't have any other shoes in San Sabastian so Brittany let me wear her flip flops (the other shoes the brought... high heel wedges... were too small for me). So yes, she wore high heels to the beach and everything the next day just for me!
3) Friday night, me, another girl named Annie, and two guys on our trip decided to go the beach. Instead of taking the stairs down, we jumped onto a rock about 6 or 7 feet below us and then climbed the rest of the way down. Well Brittany's flip-flops - that i was wearing- didn't hold up and when i hit, my feet slipped out from under me, and i landed on my butt, HARD. When I woke up this morning, my tailbone was so bruised I culdn't sit down!!! It hasn't gotten better... and needless to say the bus ride back was just as miserable as the one there.
4) Also at the beach, I was SO paranoid about having my purse stolen again, that I refused to leave it in the sand while we went in the water. I insisted on holding it over my head as I went splashing through the waves! Everyone thought I was rediculous but I kept telling them, "My dad always tells me: Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me!"
I'm so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home